epub The Light of Wisdom
According to tradition, Padmasambhava was incarnated as an eight-year-old child appearing in a lotus blossom floating in Lake Dhanakosha, in the kingdom of Uddiyana, traditionally identified with the Swat Valley in present-day Pakistan. His special nature was recognized by the local king who married him to one of his daughters, Mandarava. She and Padmasambhava's other main consort, Yeshe Tsogyal, developed into realised practitioners. Many thangkas and paintings show Padmasambhava in between them.
Padmasambhava's ability to memorize and comprehend esoteric texts in a single hearing established his reputation as a master above all others. Knowing that the life force of the wife and son of evil minister was about to end, he constructed an accident which resulted in their death. As a result, Padmasambhava was banished from the court and exiled in a charnel ground. Transiting various heavens and hells, he developed the power to transcend the cycle of birth and death, accomplishing the so-called great transference.
His fame became known to Trisong Detsen, the 38th king of Tibet (742–797), whose kingdom was beset by evil mountain deities. The king invited Padmasambhava to Tibet where he used his tantric powers to subdue the evil deities he encountered along the way, eventually receiving the Emperor's wife, identified with the dakini Yeshe Tsogyal, as a consort. This was in accordance with the tantric principle of not eliminating negative forces but redirecting them to fuel the journey toward spiritual awakening. In Tibet he founded the first monastery in the country, Samye Gompa, initiated the first monks, and introduced the people to the practice of Tantric Buddhism.
In Bhutan he is associated with the famous Taktshang or "Tiger's Nest" monastery built on a sheer cliff wall about 500m above the floor of Paro valley. He flew there from Tibet on the back of Yeshe Tsogyal, whom he transformed into a flying tigress for the purpose of the trip. Later he travelled to Bumthang district to subdue a powerful deity offended by a local king. Padmasambhava's body imprint can be found in the wall of a cave at nearby Kurje Lhakhang temple.
According to Tibetan tradition, the Bardo Thodol (commonly referred to as the Tibetan Book of the Dead) was among many treasures hidden by Padmasambhava, subsequently discovered by a Tibetan terton, Karma Lingpa.
Download «The Light of Wisdom» epub
Tag cloud: the, light, wisdom, cheap download, epub, 1 usd, epub, padmasambhava
|Title||The Light of Wisdom
|Release date|| 01.08.1995
|File size||2.2 Mb
|eBook format||Paperback, (torrent)
|Book rating||4.73 (11 votes)
If you like The Light of Wisdom, read this:
- Light-Spiritual Wisdom from a Sacred Geometrical Light Being by Shane McMinn
- The Light of Wisdom by Padmasambhava
- The Wisdom of the Hindus; The Wisdom of the Vedic Hymns, the Upanishads, the Maha Bharata and Ramayana .. by Brian Brown
- The Little Wisdom Library Tribal Wisdom by David McKnight
- Ayurveda Wisdom (Simple Wisdom by Cybele Tomlinson
- Stormed Fortress (Wars of Light & Shadow #8; Arc 3 - Alliance of Light, #5) by Janny Wurts
- Dark Light (Web of Light Duology #2) by Kyra Dune
- Last Light/Night Light (Restoration, #1 & #2) by Terri Blackstock
- Light Bound (The Light Tamer, #3) by Devyn Dawson
- Red Light, Green Light, Mama and Me by Cari Best
- The Wisdom Texts from Qumran and the Development of Sapiential Thought Studies in Wisdom at Qumran and Its Relationship to Sapiential Thought in the Ancient Near East, the Hebrew Bible, Ancient Judaism and the New Testament by Charlotte Hempel
- Black Light Studio [With Black Light Led Projector / 30 Sheets Black Paper and One Sketching Pencil and Two Profession by Frank M. Young
- The Light of the World (Light, #1) by Tara Brown
- Day Light, Night Light by Franklyn Mansfield Branley
- The Blood and Light Vampire Series (Blood and Light #1-6) by Rue Volley
- Shining the Light III (Shining the Light Series, Book 3) by Robert Shapiro
- 5 novels & 15 short stories. The Fortunes of Richard Mahony Trilogy (Australia Felix, The Way Home; Ultima Thule); Maurice Guest; The Getting of Wisdom; ... (Australia Felix, The Way Home; Ultima Thule); Maurice Guest; The Getting of Wisdom; ... (Time by Henry Handel Richardson
- Aerita of the Light Country (Light Country #3) by Ray Cummings
- The Wit & Wisdom of FDR by James C. Humes
- The Wisdom of Each Other by Eugene H. Peterson
© Hotel 888 - All rights reserved. | hotel888.info