epub Valuing Life
The White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) is the United States’s regulatory overseer. In Valuing Life, Cass R. Sunstein draws on his firsthand experience as the Administrator of OIRA from 2009 to 2012 to argue that we can humanize regulation—and save lives in the process.
As OIRA Administrator, Sunstein helped oversee regulation in a broad variety of areas, including highway safety, health care, homeland security, immigration, energy, environmental protection, and education. This background allows him to describe OIRA and how it works—and how it can work better—from an on-the-ground perspective. Using real-world examples, many of them drawn from today’s headlines, Sunstein makes a compelling case for improving cost-benefit analysis, a longtime cornerstone of regulatory decision-making, and for taking account of variables that are hard to quantify, such as dignity and personal privacy. He also shows how regulatory decisions about health, safety, and life itself can benefit from taking into account behavioral and psychological research, including new findings about what scares us, and what does not. By better accounting for people’s fallibility, Sunstein argues, we can create regulation that is simultaneously more human and more likely to achieve its goals.
In this highly readable synthesis of insights from law, policy, economics, and psychology, Sunstein breaks down the intricacies of the regulatory system and offers a new way of thinking about regulation that incorporates human dignity– and an insistent focus on the consequences of our choices.
Download «Valuing Life» epub
Tag cloud: valuing, life, cheap download, epub, 1 usd, epub, cass r. sunstein
|Author||Cass R. Sunstein
|Publisher||University Of Chicago Press
|Release date|| 05.09.2014
|File size||5 Mb
|eBook format||Hardcover, (torrent)
|Book rating||3.14 (9 votes)
If you like Valuing Life, read this:
- Valuing Life by Cass R. Sunstein
- Valuing Animals by Susan D. Jones
- Valuing Useless Knowledge by Robert Bates Graber
- Life After Life, Life After Death 2 Books in 1, 2014 by Faisal Fahim
- When Life Is More Than We Dreamed (Life's Outtakes - Year 3) 52 Humorous and Inspirational Short Stories by Daris Howard
- Insect Life - An Introduction to Nature-Study and a Guide for Teachers, Students, and Others Interested in Out-Of-Door Life by John Henry Comstock
- Life (10 years Later: an expanded edition of Life's Classic Book, Vol 8, No. 5) by LIFE Magazine
- The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy; Letters from a Citizen of the World; Life and Adventures of Peter Wilkins, a Cornish Man; History of New Yor by Laurence Sterne
- CELEBRATE LIFE! Create the Life you Love to Live by Angela Jackson
- Life in Tudor England (English life series) by Penry Williams
- Luo Ming Naked Life Bare Life by Chen Guan Zhong
- My Life as a Gamer (The My Life series Book 5) by Janet Tashjian
- Get A Life! 8 Steps to Create Your Own Life List by Stephanie Bond
- Life 101 Quote Book (The Life 101 Series) by Peter McWilliams
- Life After Life and Reflections on Life After Life by Raymond A. Moody Jr.
- The Best of Clarence Day, Including God and My Father, Life With Father, Life With Mother, This Simian World, and Selections from Thoughts Without Words by Clarence Day Jr.
- My Life and Other Massive Mistakes (My Life #3) by Tristan Bancks
- My Coyote Ugly Life (My Life, #1) by Jessica Spoon
- My Life, Volume 5 (My Life, #5) (My Life, #5) by Reiko Momochi
- My Life, Volume 4 (My Life, #4) (My Life, #4) by Reiko Momochi
© Hotel 888 - All rights reserved. | hotel888.info