epub Graeme And The Dragon
Naomi Mitchison, author of over 70 books, died in 1999 at the age of 101. She was born in and lived in Scotland but traveled widely throughout the world. In the 1960s she was adopted as adviser and mother of the Bakgatla tribe in Botswana. Her books include historical fiction, science fiction, poetry, autobiography, and nonfiction, the most popular of which are The Corn King and the Spring Queen, The Conquered, and Memoirs of a Spacewoman.
Praise for Naomi Mitchison:
"No one knows better how to spin a fairy tale than Naomi Mitchison."
— The Observer
"Mitchison breathes life into such perennial themes as courage, forgiveness, the search for meaning, and self-sacrifice."
— Publishers Weekly
"She writes enviably, with the kind of casual precision which ... comes by grace."
— Times Literary Supplement
"One of the great subversive thinkers and peaceable transgressors of the twentieth century.... We are just catching up to this wise, complex, lucid mind that has for ninety-seven years been a generation or two ahead of her time."
— Ursula K. Le Guin, author of Gifts
"Her descriptions of ritual and magic are superb; no less lovely are her accounts of simple, natural things — water-crowfoot flowers, marigolds, and bright-spotted fish. To read her is like looking down into deep warm water, through which the smallest pebble and the most radiant weed shine and are seen most clearly; for her writing is very intimate, almost as a diary, or an autobiography is intimate, and yet it is free from all pose, all straining after effect; she is telling a story so that all may understand, yet it has the still profundity of a nursery rhyme.
— Hugh Gordon Proteus, New Statesman and Nation
Download «Graeme And The Dragon» epub
Tag cloud: graeme, and, the, dragon, cheap download, epub, 1 usd, epub, naomi mitchison
|Title||Graeme And The Dragon
|Publisher||Faber & Faber
|File size||7.7 Mb
|eBook format||Hardcover, (torrent)
|Book rating||4 (2 votes)
If you like Graeme And The Dragon, read this:
- Graeme And The Dragon by Naomi Mitchison
- Graeme Park by Ethel Brennan
- Eleven Canadian Novelists Interviewed by Graeme Gibson by Graeme Gibson
- Dragon Collection #2 (Shunned 2 Band Of Dragons, DRAGONBLOOD 2, and Dragon Rite 2 fantasy series) by Anthony D. Franklin
- Dragon Touch (Dragon-Reihe, Band 3) (German Edition) by G.A. Aiken
- Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby Series Book 1) by Leilani Love
- Erik and the Dragon (The Dragon's Champion Book #4) by Sam Ferguson
- The Pygmy Dragon (Shapeshifter Dragon Legends #1) by Marc Secchia
- The Dragon's Test (The Dragon's Champion Book 3) by Sam Ferguson
- How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (How to Train Your Dragon, #5) by Cressida Cowell
- Dead Sexy Dragon (Dragon Heat, #1) by Lolita Lopez
- Dragon Mine (North American Dragon, #1) by Joyee Flynn
- The Fire Dragon (Deverry, #11; Dragon Mage, #3) by Katharine Kerr
- How to Break a Dragon's Heart (How to Train Your Dragon, #8) by Cressida Cowell
- Snowden the White Dragon (Dragon Dreams, #3) by Raymond L. Weil
- Blood of the Dragon (Her Dragon's Bane, Book 2) by Harmony Raines
- Silver Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #6) by R.D. Henham
- Dragon's Desire (Dragon's Heir, # 3) by Sierra Dafoe
- Dragon Ugly (Dragon New Year, #2) by Selena Illyria
- The Earth Dragon (Dragon Bound, #4) by Tianna Xander
© Hotel 888 - All rights reserved. | hotel888.info